Preface and proposal:
In 15th October, 2001 during the General Meeting at National institute of Cardiovascular Dease (NICVD), 14 renounded cardiologists of Bangladesh had proposed a meeting and the concept of BSE was proposed.
Founder Convening Committee (Founding Members)
Prof. M. Nazrul Islam, Prof. Md. Nur Hossain, Prof. Abduz Zaher, Prof. A. K. M. Mohibullah, Prof. A. A. Shafi Mojumder, Prof. Razia Sultana Mahmud, Prof. H.I Lutfor Rahman Khan, Prof. Sajal Krisha Banarjee, Prof. Mahboob Ali, Prof. G. M. Faruque, Prof. Syed Azizul Haque, Prof. Md. Faruque, Prof. AKM Fazlur Rahman, Prof. Dr. A. Q. M. Reza.
Present Members: 233
Present President: Prof. M. Nazrul Islam
Present Secretary General: Prof. F. Rahman
Present Executives: 25
Bangladesh Journal of Echocardiography (BJE)
- The official publication of BSE (BMDC recognized)
- Published twice, January and July of every year.
- Exclusively devoted to Clinical and Noninvasive studies of Cardiovascular medicine including original review articles, case reports, abstracts and experimental investigations with clinical relevance.
- Accepts articles from home and abroad.
- Organize every year during month of November, In the same name BDECHO.
- Participation: National and International faculties, legend delegates and future Cardiologist.
- National Fellow Course in Echocardiography.
- Echocardiography Workshop.
- Consists interactive lectures, Symposia, Case Presentation addressing the basic and advanced concepts.
Formation of BECON:
BSE and WBAE (West Bengal Academy of Echocardiography) has jointly formed an academic forum the field of Echocardiography named as Bangla Echo Consortium (BECON) on 22.05.2018 in Kolkata, India.
Looking forward for international liaison with Ameriacal Society of Echo Cardiography (ASE), European Association of Cardiovascular Imaging (EACVI), Asian – Pacific Association of Echocardiography (AAE), Indian Academy of Echocardiography (IAE) and other national and international allied organizations.